Thursday, November 4, 2010

hope this doesnt hurt

so I had to get a job. A real job that didnt involve me sitting all day with two sticks and some really nice yarn. I wish that I made enough money knitting tha t I could stay home. but alas, mortgages need to get paid, groceries need to get bought, and the kids need stuff.
that bad part about trying to get a job, was that no one, I mean no one would give me a chance.
so far I have been able to keep up with the knitting. I am home during the day when the kids are in school and during the evenings. so far so good. I cant believe that working just on the weekends will hurt my ability to continue to create and design some really interesting projects.
I have had good response to the current projects that I have done. it makes me feel good inside and therefore raises my confidence level, which is what I need right now. its like when I worked at a coffee shop in saugatuck and everyone like my brownies. I got more compliments being a baker than being a nurse. interesting and sad at the same time. now I create beautiful designs with my hands and allowing myself to think outside of the box.  a new place to visit, and a nice place to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment