Wednesday, August 18, 2010

IMG_1506


IMG_1506
Originally uploaded by yarnhound1

I recently learned how to spin. It is a comforting passion. Not unlike knitting and crocheting, spinning is slightly more relaxing. there is no pattern to follow, it is the rhythm of the wheel, guided by my foot, the drafting of the roving through my hands onto the bobbin. It is the prefect fiber project to do when my brain has had enough, when the day has been just too much, the wheel offers a moneteny that is soothing.
the blue roving pictured above I bought from my friend Suzie. Her shop is in saugatuck township. She has 2 california red sheep at her home. The blue fiber is from a romney sheep and it has slight blue/green colorations along with sparklies threaded through for extra umf. I spun quite nicely with good texture, some softness and makes a tight thread. what this will be, I have no idea. It will, however, become somthing beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment