The Michigan Fiber Fest. The place for all fiber enthusiasts from Michigan and beyond. The colmonation of a years work placed on tables, racks and containers for the molesting and fondling fingers of feber people.
I went down yesterday to the fairgrounds to help my friend set up her table. She was already done and waiting for her alpacas to come from home. the barn was stifling and hot and we stood talking with sweat beading on our foreheads.
MY children were with me and although walking around a fiber fest was not what they wanted to do, nor is it fun for them, they were still well behaved. I was surrounded by people who shared my love not only for the animals that bear the fleece but for the final product that makes us so happy. The colors and textures were amazing both for the eyes and for the fingers. you see fiber people dont mind if you fondle the yarn, savoring its beauty.
Today I will return to walk the barns looking at all of the wonderful colors both in yarn and roving. I purchased what should have been my limit yesterday, but will probably buy roving today. the multitude of fiber is calling to me....I must listen to the calling.
No comments:
Post a Comment