Thursday, June 24, 2010

spinning in circles

I love spinning. no not the kind of spinning you do to see how much you can spin before you puke. or the kind you do outside when you were a kid, when you spun so much you crashed on the ground watching the clouds move in circles.
no this spinning requires wool and a spinning wheel.I sit at my wheel with the wool in my hands, my foot peddling, and the wheel spinning. I hold the wool in my hands controlling how much wool gets pulled into the wheel. The colors move through my hands, blending as it comes together, creating a yarn like no other.My foot peddles in a rhythm only I create; whether fast or slow. I listen to the wheel spinning and my foot creating that spin. when I have finished, my yarn is on the bobbin;results of my work. and although the spinning and peddling are consistant and sometimes mesmerizing, it is comforting as well. what I produce while sitting there at my wheel becomes an art by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment