summer vacation is in full force. the children are enjoying the hot summer weather and are outside most of the day. I cant believe it is july already, and soon I will say I cant believe it is august. With the children home, finding time to spin and knit has been slightly difficult. I am caught between paying attention to them and paying attention to what I need to get done. Since I have not been working, making time for my "yarning" has been important since I want to sell my projects. Not that it is going to make a rich, by any means, but the time I have spent under someones elses thumb is over for right now.
My friend suzie has been giving me her "junk" wool off of her carder to practice spinning. I have just finished all of the junk. She says I am "such a good spinner" that I could spin the Good Stuff that I bought at her shop. I am fearful that I am not that good and that it will not turn out well. But then there is that fear again; fear of the unknown and my own abilities. It is quiet overwhelming sometimes and I fight it daily.
Chances are that it will be spun into something beautiful and I will be feel good about the job I have done.
No comments:
Post a Comment