last night I went to the first ever "meetup " at my friend suzies house. she and I sat spinning out wool and our stories of our lives. she and I are years apart; she with grown children, I with school age children at home. nonetheless, we are drawn together as friends having more in common than just our love of knitting and spinning. her studio is small but filled with dye pots, sleece, yarn, and rovings, yet big enough for anyone who enters to feel at home amongst her gazilion pounds of yarnstuffs.
which leads me to the point of the story. I bought 6 "bags" of wool that will be spun into something awesomely beautiful. check out my facebook page and you will see the colors. she even said this was the first time that she had to help someone carry out her purchases. how cool was that!!!
on another note, I was comissioned to knit 3 headbands, and 4 twin blankets. again how cool is that!!!!!
I treasure the minutes and hours I spend with my growing children, but I also find comfort in the wool I hold in my hands, the wonderful sounds of my children playing in the warm sunny days, and the knowledge that what I create with my hands and the yarn that I hold will someday make someone other than me quite happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment