Monday, July 12, 2010

knitting for cash

I had wondered at one point in my life if I could make any money from my knitting. I knew that I would not be rich by any stretch of the imagination, but that wonder was still there. My wonder has come true so to speak. last week I was "hired" to knit 3 headbands, 4 twin sized blankets and 2 throws. Now I was just sitting on my front stoop trying to finish one of the headbands, trying not to be too overwhelmed. Could I actually do it? could I really get them done within a fair amount of time? what made me think I can do this and have them all come out right> I dont doubt that it will take me some time and if I figure my days correctly, knitting will just flow where it needs to be and it will all work out okay. My problem is that I think about all that needs to be done and my mind goes crazy. It runs down the mountain, in the valley and up the other side again with frenzy. I create this world of stress that makes my knitting a mess, leaving me wondering if I should not even try. But God knows what I dont. He sees the big picture of what I am capable of and He knows that with Him I can do anything.
Releasing all of the stress in my mind takes practice, hard work, and letting go. Knitting is easy compared to letting go....

No comments:

Post a Comment