Sunday, July 18, 2010

working on

I have been busy lately. I recently received an order (from one person) to knit 3 headbands, 2 throws and 4 twin bed blankets! Oh my! The task was daunting at first, but I have finished one headband and halfway through the second. She then added a cowel that I knit by saying "I want that!"
Simply saying, this makes me feel very good; that someone likes what I am doing, the ideas that I have come up with and how the product turns out. I knew when I was a practicing nurse, when I made someones day. And I always knew when I ruined. The kudos that I get now are similar to when I baked as a side job at a local coffee shop. The whole thing was self esteem improving. It does make me sad that the simple talent of knitting and crocheting brings happiness to people more than helping them and being there for them when they are in need. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like it.
So anyway, I am on the way to finishing the second headband (multicolored) and then starting the bright pink one. I have already ordered the yarn I will need to make the first of 2 throws. she wants the first one for a gift in Miami dolphins colors.
You may look at some of my projects on my facebook account.

No comments:

Post a Comment